So outside our backyard we have an amazing sledding hill, but what happens when you're 4 year old daughter Annika decides to be adventureous and slide down it backwards? Well She now how's a broken ankle in 2 spots. She was slidding down the hill backwards and hit a man in front of her. After long hours of crying and not walking on her foot, and it was really swollen greg decided to take her in for somebody to look at it. After taking x-rays the doctor came back and told us it was broken in two spots. With it being the weekend and all we weren't able to get her in to the surgeon until this next week. She will have a cast and hopefully she will be able to get a walking boot. Right now she can't walk and requires her to be carried around. I have to take her to the bathroom, and take her anywhere she wants to be since she can't walk. She does try to do alot of stuff on her own however. It's so sad, she crawls around the house and crys when her foot hurts and she can't get what she wants. I now envy those parents that care for handicap childrens because it's tiring and wears on you, espeically when you are so tired and not getting alot of sleep. I don't know what her fate is this next week. We aren't sure if she will be able to go to school, depending on what happens next. She may be spending some work days with Greg or I at work. I will post all her broken ankle pictures. Keep her in your prayers. I am just blessed it wasn't worse. I guess no sledding for the rest of the season. It will be a sad day she lives for sledding.
No comments:
Post a Comment