Wow! I can't believe that 2008 is gone, but I'm hopeful for a great 2009! This last year being in Utah has really changed me as a person. I've learned to appreciate life and view it differently. Time is too precious to let the small things tie you up that you can't enjoy and before you know it the moments have passed us by. The holidays are always a crazy time of year, but I enjoy being able to provide service to those who are less fortunate than we are. So I am thankful that my kids are healthy and strong and teach me everyday. It was nice this christmas to have some family stay here and not go to Arizona(sorry mom I know that was hard for you) But we always enjoy being with family and friends especially during the holidays. We just wish we could see everybody more often, but we knew that moving away from Arizona, but it definitely makes visits to grandmas alot more fun! So some crazy events in our life have happened so far this year. Blake was in a sledding accident and hurt his spine. His spine had shifted to the right and now has to do physical therapy 3-4 times a week! I'm just glad it wasn't anything worse. I'm about done shoveling snow and I'm ready to see some sunshine. This is the time of year that I really miss home and seeing the sun! As an update to my last post with ST. Judes. Our company raised 1.3 million dollars during a tough economy. To help break that down we have paid for 2.2 patients full chemo treamtents, several nights for the families to stay at ST. Judes and we've paid for 18,000 paitents first treatment of chemo. These kids at this hopsital have really touched my life and I was so glad to be part of an amazing cause to help raise money for these childrens. Hopefully we will someday find a cure for cancer, but in the meantime the success rate keeps improving as we continute to help find a cure for cancer. Thank you to any of you if you donted to ST. Judes!! Hope everyday acheives their goals they have set out for them this 2009!! Happy New YEar!
No comments:
Post a Comment